[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Sat Oct 2 16:25:31 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 7:22 AM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 07:18:32AM -0700, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
>> > iam subscribed to x264-devel and patch review there is something more rare
>> > than winning the lottery
>> > or to say it differntly its like our svnlog is just without the diffs,
>> > you see commits and noone replying
>> > we have that too (with diffs) and its svnlog
>>
>> That's because we use IRC for developer communication.
>
> are there some irclogs that people can read who dont have time to be online
> on irc or who just dont like irc?

We could add public logging if we had a developer who had that as an
issue.  But it hasn't come up, so there isn't public logging.

That is, we use the current system because it works and nobody who
actually submits code has an issue with it.  If someone did, we could
revise it to better suit their needs.  We've never bikeshedded over
it.

Dark Shikari