[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras
Sat Oct 2 23:54:59 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 11:40 PM, Baptiste Coudurier
<baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is the bikeshed and being unreasonable about features and
> fixes.

The bike-shedding problem is orthogonal. Just because it affects
mostly non-maintainers it doesn't mean it doesn't have to be fixed,
right?

Supposing the bike-shedding problem was fixed, would you still have
problems submitting patches?

> The comments on the mov auto-crop once again show it.
> We maintainers can hardly code and review at the same time, because we
> lack _time_.

And the rest of us pick time from trees? Take the example of Linus
Torvalds, he barely has time to code, that's why he writes partial
patches, or even pseudo-patches, throws them, and then waits to see if
somebody picks it up and implements it properly, test it, etc.

If you don't have time to finish writing something, just send it to
the mailing saying what still needs work. Many projects do this kind
of thing, sometimes they put 'RFC/PATH' to say that they are not
supposed to be merged.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras