[FFmpeg-devel] Goodbye

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sun Oct 3 13:47:47 CEST 2010

On 02/10/10 03:21, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Over the last few days, it has become clear to me that FFmpeg is no
> more a place where I am welcome.  This project has been a large part
> of my life for many years, and it is with deep regret that I now must
> bid it farewell, but without even a single person speaking up in my
> defence, I no longer feel wanted.

Please consider that some people read emails sporadically (for example,
I did not read emails for few days, and I see the large "vote" and
"goodbye" threads only now... I still have to finish to read them). So,
I think you should have waited a little bit more before arriving to the
conclusion that noone speaks in your defence.

Anyway, I repeat what I wrote in response to Michael: I think you two
should try to relax a little bit, and to take things less personally.
IMHO, disagreements about development issues, or commit rules, should
never become personal attacks...
I believe that both you and Michael are incredibly skilled developers,
and your contributions to ffmpeg are invaluable. And maybe I am a
dreamer, but I believe that if both of you try to look at things from
the other one's perspective you can peacefully cooperate on ffmpeg. And
even have fun.

So, please, reconsider your "goodbye" decision...

				Luca