[FFmpeg-devel] Goodbye

Sebastian Vater cdgs.basty
Sun Oct 3 14:17:05 CEST 2010

Luca Abeni a ?crit :
> On 02/10/10 03:21, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Over the last few days, it has become clear to me that FFmpeg is no
>> more a place where I am welcome.  This project has been a large part
>> of my life for many years, and it is with deep regret that I now must
>> bid it farewell, but without even a single person speaking up in my
>> defence, I no longer feel wanted.
>
> Please consider that some people read emails sporadically (for
> example, I did not read emails for few days, and I see the large
> "vote" and "goodbye" threads only now... I still have to finish to
> read them). So, I think you should have waited a little bit more
> before arriving to the conclusion that noone speaks in your defence.

Same applies to me, due to my heavy progress on the Bachelor work, I
right now only sporadically read here.

> Anyway, I repeat what I wrote in response to Michael: I think you two
> should try to relax a little bit, and to take things less personally.
> IMHO, disagreements about development issues, or commit rules, should
> never become personal attacks...
> I believe that both you and Michael are incredibly skilled developers,
> and your contributions to ffmpeg are invaluable. And maybe I am a
> dreamer, but I believe that if both of you try to look at things from
> the other one's perspective you can peacefully cooperate on ffmpeg.
> And even have fun.
>
> So, please, reconsider your "goodbye" decision...

Just to mention, I agree fully here!

One note to Mans:
There are people standing behind you, even those who had been on fire by
you. ;-)
But I don't take that personally too much anymore, so for me, you're
always welcome! Keep it easy goin' ;-)

--

Best regards,
                   :-) Basty/CDGS (-: