[FFmpeg-devel] FATE

Mike Melanson mike
Mon Oct 4 03:11:39 CEST 2010

On 10/03/2010 06:01 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> that leaves us with mikes fate at http://fate.multimedia.cx/
> which isnt updated anymore
> mike?

Oops, I still haven't taken that down. I should, since it's obsolete.

> Anyway, fate must be restored, does anyone have the scripts upon which mans
> version was based?
> can someone put it up somewhere again?
> I would prefer if it is moved to under someone elses power even if mans
> returns.

We could probably do it without Mans. He was nice enough to open source
the server side component. I'm not sure if I have that laying around,
though, or if it's the latest version. Mans has taken down that code as
well:

http://git.mansr.com/?p=fateweb

If we can get the server software running, we just need a public Linux
machine with HTTP and SSH. If we want to get it running on
fate.ffmpeg.org, that will take DNS updates and I don't know what's
going on with FFmpeg DNS.

Did anyone grab a current copy of the server software?

--
     -Mike Melanson