[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Tobias Bindhammer tobias.bindhammer
Mon Oct 4 09:22:19 CEST 2010

> due to the growing disagreements between root at mphq and me, i and at least one
> of the roots as well believe a vote about my position should be held.
> Every developer with svn write account as of 1. october 2010 is allowed to
> vote. The vote will end at 8. oct 0:01 UTC 2010.
>
> Please vote either
> A. I trust michael and wish him to continue to lead the ffmpeg project
> B. I distrust michael and wish him to step back

A.
I had my discussions with Michael as well, but his input turned out to
be very fruitful for my work. He is strict, correct and most of all
having an immense backgroud. Especially the latter is something people
usually lack in leading positions. So better be happy :-)
Also, i think in leaded projects we have to hold back our own ego and
accept, that there is an instance above us. I find the discussions about
if his bevahiour was corrrect and meating the rules needless, as long as
i know, that Michael had done all this with a good and wellthought
intention, what i trust on. However we are sometimes just in a rush,
busy or impatient, things that let us sometimes fail. But hell, it is
all just code, and there is always a chance to fix the mistakes we made.
So better stop accusing people to have done things because of having an
evil mind or misusing their leading position.

regards,

Toby

--
Dipl. Ing. Tobias Bindhammer