[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Oct 5 04:07:09 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 11:10:53AM -0400, compn wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 09:22:19 +0200, Tobias Bindhammer wrote:
> >> due to the growing disagreements between root at mphq and me, i and at least one
> >> of the roots as well believe a vote about my position should be held.
> >> Every developer with svn write account as of 1. october 2010 is allowed to
> >> vote. The vote will end at 8. oct 0:01 UTC 2010.
> >>
> >> Please vote either
> >> A. I trust michael and wish him to continue to lead the ffmpeg project
> >> B. I distrust michael and wish him to step back
> >
> >A.
> >I had my discussions with Michael as well, but his input turned out to
> >be very fruitful for my work. He is strict, correct and most of all
> >having an immense backgroud. Especially the latter is something people
> >usually lack in leading positions. So better be happy :-)
> >Also, i think in leaded projects we have to hold back our own ego and
> >accept, that there is an instance above us. I find the discussions about
> >if his bevahiour was corrrect and meating the rules needless, as long as
> >i know, that Michael had done all this with a good and wellthought
> >intention, what i trust on. However we are sometimes just in a rush,
> >busy or impatient, things that let us sometimes fail. But hell, it is
> >all just code, and there is always a chance to fix the mistakes we made.
> >So better stop accusing people to have done things because of having an
> >evil mind or misusing their leading position.
>
> well said.
> i vote A as well.
>
> (is this the start of a biannual leader vote? :P)

Iam leader as long as people want me to be leader. People always could
leave, fork or start a vote.
In absence of anyone asking for a vote iam not planing to annoy everyone
twice a year ...

The real ebay dictionary, page 1
"Used only once"    - "Some unspecified defect prevented a second use"
"In good condition" - "Can be repaird by experienced expert"
"As is" - "You wouldnt want it even if you were payed for it, if you knew ..."