[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libavfilter and libmpcodecs

compn tempn
Sun Oct 10 05:11:53 CEST 2010

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 20:54:59 +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>I also want to know about what the MPlayer guys plans are. Are they
>going to drop libmpcodecs and use libavfilter instead? In this case I
>believe it makes no sense to write a wrapper which will be dropped
>anyway.

mplayer plans are to wait for patch to support libavfilter. i cant
speak for the two active developers who work on filters (michael,
reimar). but we will drop it only if avfilter is faster, better, less
buggy, and superior in every way. i think its better to have a
wrapper, depending how hard it is to implement.

while we are talking about filters, did anyone check if these projects
have modified mplayer filters?

from related projects page:
ffdshow-tryouts
xine
transcode
avidemux
MythTV
veejay

http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/wiki/video:deinterlacing?s[]=filter
"This is a port of Yet Another De-Interlacing Filter (yadif) written by
Michael Niedermayer from MPlayer. ffdshow contains additionally custom
SSE2/SSSE3 and multithreading optimizations."

http://avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=using:video_filters

some unapplied video filters lurk about:
http://www.cryogenic.net/translogo/translogo.html

-compn