[FFmpeg-devel] NUT and no PTS

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Oct 12 11:17:27 CEST 2010

On 10/12/2010 10:21 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
>> The error is due to the check
>> 	    if(pkt->pts<  0)
>> 	        return -1;
>> at line 637 of nutenc.c, which is triggered by AV_NOPTS_VALUE.
>> So, my questions:
>> 1) Is this a bug, or I am not supposed to pass  AV_NOPTS_VALUE as pts?
>>     (other formats, such as MPEG TS, do not show this problem)
>
> muxing packets with unknown timestamps is not supported by ffmpegs muxer API

Ok, so maybe the check refferred above can be moved in libavformat/utils.c?
Uhm... Looks like the code is already there (in compute_pkt_fields2()), but
it is commented out for some reason (this is probably why my testcase works
with MPEG TS).

I am going to have a better look at this...

			Thanks,
				Luca