[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Remove -crop* ffmpeg options

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sat Oct 16 22:14:31 CEST 2010

On date Tuesday 2010-07-27 18:37:03 -0700, Baptiste Coudurier encoded:
> On 7/27/10 4:40 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 07:08:18PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>these are more than 100 lines of obfuscated code that make more
> >>difficult to hack/understand the code of ffmpeg.
> >>This is going to broke many scripts, so we may provide an error
> >>message, similiar to what is issued for the -pad* options.
> >>
> >>Is someone against?
> >
> >iam slightly in favor of removing them
>
> I'm in favor as well, replace the func with one that says "Please
> use -vf crop" or something similar.

See attached patch.

BTW I noted that make test with --disable-avfilter fails the
lavf-mxf_d10 test which uses -vf pad.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Free and Fierce Multipurpose Peaceless Enlightened Gem