[FFmpeg-devel] [WIP] life source

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Fri Sep 3 23:55:47 CEST 2010

On date Friday 2010-09-03 14:46:59 -0400, Ronald S. Bultje encoded:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Stefano Sabatini
> <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> wrote:
> > proof of concept life source based on Conway's game of life.
> >
> > I'm using the overlay filter to test it.
>
> I might be misunderstanding but wouldn't it make sense to use
> libavformat/libavcodec to read video rather than creating
> lavf/c-incompatible stream source filters?

What do you mean by "lavf/c-incompatible"?

Consider this like a funny proof of concept, in general having sources
can be interesting and useful (e.g. for simplifying regression tests).

Anyway I'm quite convinced that we should implement some form of
plugin system, this way people don't need to commit to FFmpeg in order
to use their own filters/sources or maintain their patched trees, this
way it would be simpler to have a series of external
filters/sources/sinks collections.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Frightening Fancy Murdering Puritan Enhanced Gargoyle