[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH 0/8] ffmpeg: add tidsp hwaccel support to avcodec

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras
Mon Sep 6 02:37:22 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 2:43 AM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 01:15:27AM +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> [...]
>> Nokia N900 and it works fine... just like gst-dsp. Many things are missing,
>> like error handling, and proper propagation of fatal errors.
>
> are security relevant things handled?

I'm not sure what would qualify as "security relevant". Severe errors
such as buffers claiming to be bigger than what they should be, and
strange miscommunications are handled, but with an abort(), or just
dropping frames.

I was talking about less fatal/uncommon errors, such as errors
reported from the codec itself, or a DSP crash (which should be
handled by stopping all communication and closing the handle) (and
probably reported back to the user).

> that is can it be exploited by a crafted mpeg4 file?

Not AFAIK.

> (obviously handling errors at least to the point of things not being
> ?exploitable is required for svn inclusion)

I wasn't hoping for inclusion yet, I just wanted to gather some
feedback, but if somebody fells like merging, go ahead :)

--
Felipe Contreras