[FFmpeg-devel] skip multiple id3v2 headers

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Sep 7 22:06:07 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 12:59:23PM -0700, David Byron wrote:
> > >      ff_id3v2_read(s, ID3v2_DEFAULT_MAGIC);
> > > +
> > > +    /* skip any extra id3v2 frames that may be present since
> > > +       they may contain data that looks like an mpeg frame */
> > > +    while (ff_id3v2_skip(s, ID3v2_DEFAULT_MAGIC))
> > > +        av_log(s,AV_LOG_VERBOSE,"skipping additional id3v2 tag in
> \"%s\"\n",
> > > +               s->filename);
> > > +
> >
> > why doesnt ff_id3v2_read() does this ?
>
> ff_id3v2_read calls ff_id3v2_parse.  I think it's more correct to ignore
> additional id3v2 frames which is why I wrote ff_id3v2_skip.
>
> I see that ff_id3v2_read is called from other places, so I can put the loop
> calling ff_id3v2_skip inside ff_id3v2_read if that's what you had in mind.

no, why dont you interate  whats inside ff_id3v2_read ?
or why do you skip them?
if you skip thats also code duplication

Incandescent light bulbs waste a lot of energy as heat so the EU forbids them.
Their replacement, compact fluorescent lamps, much more expensive, dont fit in
many old lamps, flicker, contain toxic mercury, produce a fraction of the light
that is claimed and in a unnatural spectrum rendering colors different than
in natural light. Ah and we now need to turn the heaters up more in winter to
compensate the lower wasted heat. Who wins? Not the environment, thats for sure