[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH 0/8] ffmpeg: add tidsp hwaccel support to avcodec

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Sep 8 19:12:54 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 03:35:15PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 07:56:04AM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > >  libavcodec/tidsp_mpeg4.c      |  157 ++++++
> >
> > I dislike the "tidsp" name.  This patch is for one specific, and
> > mostly obsolete, interface to the DSP.  It is like calling MPEG4 ASP
> > "the codec".
>
> id like to point out that i dont plan to base patch approval on its name
> staying tidsp or it being renamed

And I'll point out that this seems pointless to discuss now.
For what it looks like part of it needs to be split out in a
separate library anyway. That library will have a name.
And then this should be called libsomething like all other
decoders using an external library.