[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] - GXF Encoder fixes and HD support

Reuben Martin reuben.m
Wed Sep 8 21:58:42 CEST 2010

Yo, back on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 Carl Eugen Hoyos was all like:
> Reuben Martin <reuben.m <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Comments, suggestions, code, flames all welcome.
>
> I am sure work on this is very welcome, I can't really comment on the details,
> but here are a few cosmetic hints:
>
> Please split the short patch again: I suspect the two hunks are unrelated (could
> you confirm that you can produce valid H264 gxf files only with this short
> change? If not, it should be part of one patch that adds H264 support.)

Forgot in my previous reply: This chunk of code is for decoding only. I can confirm that I can get it to play back, but the playback is not correct. The color-space conversion is not correct (the AVCi samples I have access to use yuvj420p color space) and it complains about too many reference frames:

[h264 @ 0x30c9f00] number of reference frames exceeds max (probably corrupt input), discarding one

If you want to look at the samples yourself, they can be found here: http://www.gvgdevelopers.com/concrete/products/k2/test_clips/ (any files with "AVCI50" in the file name)

-Reuben