[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-09-08

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Thu Sep 9 23:22:10 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Reimar D?ffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> That's silly, yasm will not automatically switch between register
> and memory storage, if you don't care about that feature you
> can just replace "g" by either "r" or "m" and you don't have that
> issue either.

Let's not make this into a yasm vs inline asm debate please. We have
more people willing to write, understanding and maintaining yasm code
than inline asm. Our inline asm has huge issues on Win64, many which
cannot be easily fixed. Nobody bothered to fix it for years. Let's at
least agree to go on a path forward, not backward.

Ronald