[FFmpeg-devel] skip multiple id3v2 headers

David Byron dbyron
Fri Sep 10 00:36:04 CEST 2010

> > Fair enough.  Here are patches to read all the metadata.
>
> how are "conflicts" handled? if both tags define e.g a "title", which
> one will be exported in the end?

Conflicts aren't explicitly handled.  I used the attached program to examine
the metadata available from each file in combinations.tar.gz.  The
interesting metadata key in these files in TPE1.  With any luck the names of
the files describe their contents.  They are all combinations of the files
in testfiles.tar.gz.

Empty values or id3v2 tags that don't contain TPE1 are basically ignored.
If multiple tags contain the same frame/key, the value that comes last in
the file remains for access via av_metadata_get.

valgrind showed no leaks for all of these.

-DB