[FFmpeg-devel] skip multiple id3v2 headers

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Sep 13 20:16:38 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 10:08:25AM -0700, David Byron wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
> > so id guess there is a bug and this doesnt fix it but
> > rather just adds a hack to recover.
> >
> > either way arbitrary seek back doesnt work on non seekable
> > media
>
> I believe this is a seek forward if that matters.

yes it seems the code bails out early enough but my first point still stands
this looks like a bug in the tag reading code and you arent fixing that.

There really are not that many explanations
A. one value is truly wrong and not useable
B. (much more likely) there is a bug in the code reading the tags and it
   somehow gets confused

your patch is only correct for case A but you provide no argument why this
unlikely case would be the reason for the problem or why the one value trusted
after the patch is better than the other before the patch.

Complexity theory is the science of finding the exact solution to an
approximation. Benchmarking OTOH is finding an approximation of the exact