[FFmpeg-devel] skip multiple id3v2 headers

David Byron dbyron
Tue Sep 14 00:12:52 CEST 2010

> I can also modify a file with a hex editor so it fails to
> be read with any code i want it to fail with.
> what kind of argument is that supposed to be?

The kind that is convincing enough to change the code.  Just because I used
a hex editor doesn't mean the files don't exist out in the world.

> i can create a file that works without your patch and
> fails with your patch for example if i wanted

I'm sure this is possible.  To me that just means there's more work to do.
In the meantime, my patch seems like an improvement.

> The questions are
> 1. Do such files exist out there

Possibly, yes.

> 2. if yes, why does our code fail
>
> once we know why it fails we can think about how to fix that.

We know why it fails.  That's what I showed in the last message.  I actually
see two failures here:

1. ff_id3v2_parse leaves the buffer pointing in the middle of an id3v2 frame

2. the code that follows that determines what's mpeg audio isn't correct
since av_read_frame returns a packet with a bunch of leading zeroes.  I'm
fine to work on this angle as well.

-DB