[FFmpeg-devel] Memory errors when decoding mixed-resolution video streams

Haakon Riiser haakon.riiser
Tue Sep 14 16:55:59 CEST 2010

> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 04:19:10PM +0200, Haakon Riiser wrote:
> [...]
> > Here are some examples of errors (using FFmpeg 0.6):
>
> only svn is supported
> please use our bugtracker
> -dev is for development so please send the patch that fixes the bug if its
> still in svn head here

I see the same thing in the latest SVN snapshot, but I just
discovered that the problem isn't necessarily in FFmpeg.

I had some old clips encoded in exactly the same way (identical
encoding parameters), except using different mencoder and x264
snapshots.  Those old mixed resolution clips work fine with
libavcodec, no errors in valgrind.  I don't know if the problem is
that libavcodec doesn't properly parse the streams produced by the
newer tools, or if the streams themselves are broken.

I will investigate this further, and post the results here when I
know more.

--
 Haakon