[FFmpeg-devel] Moving if(constant expression) to preprocessor?

Axel Holzinger aholzinger
Mon Sep 20 00:02:23 CEST 2010

Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Luca Barbato
> <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:
> >> Smaller and simpler, perfect. I'm fine with that and works for
me.

> > You can use it on your own and see how and when it breaks...
>
> Yeah, this boggles my mind a little bit, why go through this
> huge flamewar if all you're doing is debugging some stuff in
> a build you never intend to distribute? Why not just make
> this tiny local modification and revert to main SVN once your
> debugging is done? All this seems like a waste of time...

It makes life harder, as it means to maintain local patches to a bunch
of files and naive me thought a straight forward solution even making
the code more independent from build specifics might be welcome.