[FFmpeg-devel] comming a patch question

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Sep 21 15:39:50 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 04:10:51PM +0300, Maksym Veremeyenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Years ago i was trying to submit a patch to support deinterlacing of
> PIX_FMT_YUVJ422P
>
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2009-October/077279.html
>
> but that was rejected.

i said in that thread:
"fine but as said this is all pretty much dead code, there are better
 deinterlacers that should be ported to libavfilter"

thats not a rejection

> Yesterday's commit to ffmpeg titled *Support deinterlacing of YUVJ420P.*
>
> http://git.ffmpeg.org/?p=ffmpeg;a=commitdiff;h=735bbaed004cf4033af6c127c919d973941523fb
>
> is similar the same, but for YUVJ420P.
>
> The question is: are rules and policies only for svn's anonymous readers?

no
who overstepped which rule?

Frequently ignored awnser#1 FFmpeg bugs should be sent to our bugtracker. User
questions about the command line tools should be sent to the ffmpeg-user ML.
And questions about how to use libav* should be sent to the libav-user ML.