[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-09-17

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Sep 24 04:44:23 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 01:00:27AM +0100, irc at mansr.com wrote:
[...]
> [19:37:31] <Dark_Shikari> 01:08 < pengvado> do you think it would matter if I did the committing and threatened to fork libavfilter if people complain?
> [19:37:34] <Dark_Shikari> :)
> [19:37:43] <mru> of what?
> [19:37:50] <Dark_Shikari> hqdn3d, yadif, etc
> [19:37:54] <Dark_Shikari> i.e. actually useful filters

please commit
and please keep theh aggressivness and threatening in kindergarten

[...]

> [19:38:07] <Dark_Shikari> they're already reviewed in mencoder.

yes

[...]
> [19:48:17] <Dark_Shikari> we're going to have to write a downsampling/dither module since swscale doesn't have one

swscale has that since eternity
if you have a problem with it, its a bug or some minor missing feature
and swscale uses >8bit internally for most parts, probably the 10bit formats
are out of lazyness convertet to 8bit somewhere, fixing this should be
relatively easy, but iam relatively busy lately

just please if you rewrite it call it by what it is a crappy less featurefull
rewrite that has been made due to lack of understanding of existing code
and unwillingness to fix bugs in existing code and unwillingness to work
together

> [19:48:20] <spaam> michael+

thanks for the ping

He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know. -- Lao Tsu