[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-09-17

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Fri Sep 24 11:11:02 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

>> > swscale has that since eternity
>>
>> Since when can swscale output to 10-bit or 9-bit, given 16-bit input?
>
> 16bit formats are amongth the supported input and output formats
>
> converting to 10 or 9 bit should then just be a matter of changing scaling
> and cliping which doesnt seem hard.
> if you say precissely what you need i could try to look into where the problem
> is but i cant promisse that ill have the time to look into it soon

We need 16-bit -> 8, 9, and 10 bit conversion with dithering.  It's
not hard, but the issue is primarily an API one, unless we already
have a way of telling swscale how many bits to output to.

Dark Shikari