[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-09-17#

James Darnley james.darnley
Fri Sep 24 22:11:23 CEST 2010

On 24/09/2010, Loren Merritt <lorenm at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> <J_Darnley> [various stuff about importing filters into x264cli]
> <pengvado> Why are you importing yadif and hqdn3d rather than linking to
> libavfilter?
> <J_Darnley> It'd never be committed. Bikeshed this, cosmetic that.
> <pengvado> Do you think it would matter if I did the committing and
> threatened to fork libavfilter if people complain?

In addition to this, my feelings (as both a poor coder and a user) on
why I didn't just use libavfilter in x264 are that:
 - it didn't have hqdn3d or yadif when I started (not even patches)
 - when I looked at adding them to libavfilter, I just thought "WTF is this?"
 - pad and crop have different argument orders, x:y:w:h vs. w:h:x:y
 - pad and crop do not take left, top, right and bottom arguments (I
thought they were supposed to replace the options in ffmpeg)