[FFmpeg-devel] merged FFmpeg/libswscale git repository

Janne Grunau janne-ffmpeg
Tue Sep 28 15:57:10 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 03:20:42PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 02:13:16PM +0200, Janne Grunau wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 01:39:06PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > >
> > > Things should be consistent, either everyone should be listed with name or
> > > noone
> >
> > my preference is all but I don't see a problem if some object to seeing
> > there email address in the commits.
>
> of course or a psydonym but beyond this it should be consistent

I'm not sure I understand correctly what you mean with consistent?
If a single person wants her/hisself listed only with the svn account
name nobody should be allowed to have his full name and email in the
commit messages?

I don't see a reason to do this. We should imho strive for transparancy
i.e. having full name and email in the commit messages. If someone
thinks he should not be associated with his commits I don't care but the
others shouldn't be punished.

Janne