[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] url_write()

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Thu Sep 30 15:57:50 CEST 2010

On date Thursday 2010-09-30 13:20:33 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> Hi
>
> While reviewing one of stefanos doxymentation patches and cross checking
> it against the code. Ive realized that apparently url_write() uses dont
> consider the case of fewer bytes being written with success
> and
> our protocols do seem able to succeed with fewer bytes written
>
> What do users of url_write() prefer
> should we always call it in a loop in the url_write() wraper or
> should all uses be fixed and a url_write_complete() be added similar to
> url_read()
> ?

Is there some meaningful use of the url_write() in the non-complete
form?

Is there, for analogy, some meaningful use of the url_read() in the
non-complete form?

libavformat mostly use url_read_complete(), but there are some cases
where url_read() is preferred.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Fierce and Fancy Martial Pitiful Eager Gnome