[FFmpeg-devel] [RELEASE] ffmpeg-0.6.90-rc0

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Apr 4 15:08:39 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 08:27:25AM +0200, madshi wrote:
> 2011/4/3 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
> > if you know of anything else i should merge,
> > please tell me.
>
> I've pointed the devs of 2 doom9 projects using ffmpeg
> here. Let's see if they have anything to add.
>
> BTW, let me say that I had really bad expectations
> after the ffmpeg/libav split. But if you continue to apply
> most/all libav patches to ffmpeg, I guess it's not too
> bad for us users.

I will keep merging libav & ffmpeg-mt once a day :)
There never will be a feature or bugfix in libav thats not in ffmpeg
the next day by the latest. (not counting illness and other things that
may delay a merge by a day or 2)
I am also not really happy about the split, but it has its positive
side too, finally the developers that are now in libav, do work.
What really makes me sad is the huge amount of hostility.
I still have a dream that the 2 trees could coexist in friendship one
day.

> Would you accept a patch for the ts/m2ts splitter to
> support Blu-Ray right eye stream (h264 MVC)
> splitting? No decoding, just splitting?

sure, if its reasonable clean and baptiste has no objections

I have often repented speaking, but never of holding my tongue.
-- Xenocrates