[FFmpeg-devel] Licensing issue with idct_mmx.c

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Apr 5 23:42:13 CEST 2011

Alexandre Colucci <alexandre <at> elgato.com> writes:

> GPL is disable so my binary doesn't contain this code.

Good (if you want/need LGPL).

> But the fact that a file containing GPL source code (even if not compiled) is
> in my repository sounds like a major licensing issue to me.

Why?
Please explain the problem.
(While it is very, very unlikely, I could theoretically imagine a problem with
the file if you distribute it, but as long as your explanation is "there is
disabled GPL code in the same folder as my LGPL code", I don't think anybody can
help you.)

Carl Eugen