[FFmpeg-devel] muxing-example.c - libx264

Germán Milano g.milano87 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 12:48:30 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm using muxing-example.c to create an mp4 file using libx264. Since
muxing-example.c is made for MPEG, I made following changes on it:
http://libav-users.943685.n4.nabble.com/output-example-h264-and-mp4-td944149.html

but still doesn't work. Is there an updated version adapted for h264???

One of the problems I'm having is that everytime function
write_video_frame(AVFormatContext *oc, AVStream *st) is called, the
following line always returns a value of zero:

out_size = avcodec_encode_video(c, video_outbuf, video_outbuf_size,
picture);

Since this value is always zero, compressed video data is never stored.
Can't find what causes this issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Jeremy