[FFmpeg-devel] License Question

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Dec 8 14:44:42 CET 2011

zongfei zhang <zongfei.zhang <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like to include ffmpeg in my app too.

Among other things, please:
Offer exact FFmpeg sources that you used (with compilation instructions)
together with the object files of your application to allow relinking.
Mention in the about box of your application that the software is using FFmpeg
(link) under the terms of the LGPL (link or license text), and add a link to the
download page where sources and object files can be found.

Carl Eugen