[FFmpeg-devel] FFMPEG extension OpenCL

madshi madshi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 22:51:51 CET 2011

2011/12/10 Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>

> Deinterlace and possibly some high-quality scale filters.

What kind of deinterlacing are you thinking about? E.g. yadif
is already pretty fast when run on the CPU. I doubt that
copying the video frames to GPU RAM, performing yadif
there and then copying them back to System RAM would
bring much of an improvement. Ok, one task worth
considering would be motion compensated video
deinterlacing.

High-quality scaling filters sounds like a good idea to me.
Considering Lupescu's background in image processing,
maybe also noise filtering and sharpening / detail
enhancement?

One other area that comes to my mind is motion vector
search to speed up video encoding. (Would also be needed
for motion compensated video deinterlacing).

Best regards, Mathias.