[FFmpeg-devel] New FFMPEG project

Maurice Randall maurice at cmdrkey.com
Sat Dec 31 23:12:02 CET 2011

I hope this is the correct way to post this request. On the projects
page, it says to send info about new projects to this list, so here
it is...

I've created a new encoder package that runs on Android devices. It
has FFMPEG under the skin and allows live streaming from the Android
camera and microphone. It can stream live Flash video and other
formats supported by FFMPEG. And of course, it can do many things
that FFMPEG can do. It can also stream audio to an Icecast server.
It's easy to use, and can be found on the Android Market.

When listing this on the ffmpeg.org projects page, it should be
listed as:

BigVEncoder Android

The link that it should point to is:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rotw.android.bigve

I also have a desktop version of BigVEncoder that is going to go
heads up against Adobe's Flash Media Live Encoder. This will be a
free download and available for Linux 32-bit and 64-bit as well as
Windows 32-bit and 64-bit. The desktop version is almost ready for
release. I'll post the info on that one as soon as it is ready.

Thanks...

Maurice Randall