[FFmpeg-devel] Status of libavfilter / overlay without 'movie'

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Wed Feb 2 12:14:01 CET 2011

On date Wednesday 2011-02-02 10:35:58 +0100, Alexandre Ferrieux encoded:
> Hello,
>
> What is the status of the libavfilter directory in the ffmpeg trunk:
>
>     svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/libavfilter
>
> wrt the GSoc one at
>
>     svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/soc/libavfilter
>
> ?
>
> Looking at the 'svn log', I see recent activity in both. So what's the policy ?
> If syncs are supposed to occur from time to time, why is it that the
> (rather old) 'movie' video filter is only in the Gsoc repo ?
>
> In its current state, the libavfilter in the ffmpeg HEAD is not
> consistent with doc/filters.texi (which explicitly mentions
> 'movie'), and does not allow the specification of two independent
> sources (unless another method than 'movie' exists), making the
> 'overlay' filter useless except for toy fork-and-converge graphs.

Patch ready for commit:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/120065/focus=125727

You have to wait for the "committers" to commit it.

--
FFmpeg = Frenzy and Freak Mega Patchable Excellent Gargoyle