[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] About committership

Tobias Bindhammer tobias.bindhammer
Wed Feb 2 17:12:25 CET 2011

>> it just feels like a badly-executed fork. imo we can share the server.
>> i dont see any need to fragment up ffmpeg any more than it already is.
>
> +1
>
> Let's try to find some way to work togheter rather than splitting and
> dissipating energies.

However this would require, that the coup side is starting to join into
discussion, and not try to starve things by keeping quiet or giving very
short statements (That is the feeling i get). Neither point out people
as liar is helpful. What Stefano said are valid points, same goes for
Michael's doubts. It is time to give serious and verbose answers,
really. This would let the new system suggested also appear more
welcome, and not like a closed circle. Accept it or die, are not very
welcoming options. Michael's social competence has been critizied, but
mostly ignoring critical voices is no way better. Face it, and accept,
that there's not only people who favour what has happened. People from
outside the project have asked me several times, what all this fuzz
about the ffmpeg-fork is about. And in fact, i can't really give a
proper answer to that.

Tobias

--
Dipl. Ing. Tobias Bindhammer