[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] About committership

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Thu Feb 3 00:28:38 CET 2011

On date Wednesday 2011-02-02 21:40:57 +0100, Janne Grunau encoded:
> On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 08:49:14PM +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
[...]
> > So I don't put too much effort when committing to my local branch and
> > sending, but I spend more and more focus when the patch is going
> > through the final revisions or when directly committing the patch.
>
> This is a problem. It was already a problem under the old model. You're
> wasting a scarce resource (review time) because you're lazy. I suspect
> it is even more work for yourself since you have to go through more
> review cycles.

Short reply because this is not the point of the thread, sometimes
this is the best working strategy, e.g when I'm not sure which is the
best design to adopt, and I prefer to expose an approssimative working
solution for showing which is the problem that I'm addressing, and for
other considerations it would be too long to enumerate here.
--
FFmpeg = Funny and Fabulous Mournful Patchable Enhancing Gangster