[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Equality and leader team

Jason Garrett-Glaser jason
Sat Feb 5 14:31:20 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 5:41 AM, compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 03:37:37 -0800, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
>>> * Disband the leader team of 7 and return commit and decission power to all
>>> ?developers.
>>>
>>> Y Yes
>>> N No
>>
>>What does this even mean? ?Just like all your "votes", this doesn't
>>make any sense and does nothing but beg the question.
>>
>>"Disband the 7 committers", whatever that means, would mean we would
>>have no more committers on ffmpeg at all. ?I think this is a bad idea,
>>because without committers, there won't be any development. ?Perhaps
>>you wanted to vote on ADDING MORE committers, instead of REMOVING
>>them?
>
> i think he means 'remove the monopoly of 7, by allowing all to have
> push/commit access again'.

So we're now going to let everyone commit without review again?  This
is inviting disaster.

>>Additionally, your vote is weasel-worded. ?Please stop doing this and
>>start being honest. ?If I have to give up my commit access to make you
>>start being honest, so be it -- I'd be happy to do it.
>
> what? strawman much? no one asked you to give up anything in this
> proposal. its not even a vote about the roots...

Strawman?  I was merely trying to say that I didn't care about my
commit rights and/or "leadership" position, and that if it needs to go
away to fix $problem, I'm happy to do so.

Jason