[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Equality and leader team

Diego Biurrun diego
Sat Feb 5 19:32:03 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 12:31:25PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> But this was not the only change, with the coup, final decission power as
> well as commit rights have been restricted to these 7 people as well.

False.

> Locking all file maintainers out and in many cases (libmpeg2 reader removial,
> h264 encoder removial, ...) overriding file maintainer decissions.

False.

> In terms of stability, the new 7 commiter team commited a whole mail thread
> by mistake
> <BBB> huh?
> <BBB> what happened
> <mru> you put the entire quoted thread in the commit message
>
> And broke compilation by apparently not bothering to test the code
> Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-commits] wtv: filesystem implementation
>
> These are things that where very rare before when everyone had write access.

If these things were really rarer then it was because everybody had
years of experience with Subversion.  We have switched to a new VCS
systems that people do not yet have years of experience with.  Thus
mistakes happened - so what?

This whole effort of yours to discredit the hard work of other people
is neither constructive nor does it achieve anything.  You even included
two of Flameeyes' patches in your list of nonsense commits even though
you previously thanked him for solving a longstanding issue.

> --
> Michael     GnuPG fingerprint: 9FF2128B147EF6730BADF133611EC787040B0FAB
>
> Libert?, ?galit?, fraternit?

Vive la revolution!

Diego