[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Equality and leader team

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Feb 6 21:00:32 CET 2011

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 08:31:33PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 02:03:08PM -0500, Justin Ruggles wrote:
> > For the record, I'm not against more developers having commit access as
> > long as we still require patches be sent to ffmpeg-devel and approved by
> > at least one other dev with knowledge in the area
>
> I'll repeat it again: this is ridiculous. There are vast areas of FFmpeg
> with 0 to 1 devs with knowledge. This makes maintaining these parts
> _impossible_!!

just redefine review as "control".

/me wonders if it is wise to reveal the goal of one or two of the people behind
the coup, everyone else will misunderstand me again and feel offended or think
its not possible and iam mad ...

I hate to see young programmers poisoned by the kind of thinking
Ulrich Drepper puts forward since it is simply too narrow -- Roman Shaposhnik