[FFmpeg-devel] The new team is baning FFmpeg developers of the mailing list

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Feb 7 20:13:51 CET 2011

Hi

i ve just received a mail from a ffmpeg developer, namely arpi who has been
unsubscribed or baned of the ffmpeg developer mailing list.

I am or better said was the mailing list admin, as it seems iam no longer
listed and instead now mans rullgard is listed.

I object this and i veto this. In 10 years not 1 person even less so a
contributor or developer has been thrown of the list.

And this comes at a time when we have a vote about the new situation
this is selectively preventing people from participating in the vote and
discussion.

Asymptotically faster algorithms should always be preferred if you have
asymptotical amounts of data