[FFmpeg-devel] The new team is baning FFmpeg developers of the mailing list

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Feb 7 22:45:48 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 04:48:45PM -0500, compn wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 22:19:40 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> >> So it's settled: Neither were my commit privileges to the videolan repo
> >> revoked, nor were yours to the ffmpeg.org repo since nobody had them to
> >> begin with.
> >
> >I had commit rights to the main ffmpeg repo, i no longer have commit rights
> >there. It was moved from svn to git at the same time but that doesnt change
> >the fact
>
> i'm guessing a lot of hate could be resolved if all of the new-team
> would just apologize for the disruptive way the fork was announced and
> implemented.

and while at it picked a different project name and domain.

Its not that you shouldnt use gotos but rather that you should write
readable code and code with gotos often but not always is less readable