[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Equality and leader team

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Feb 9 19:20:50 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 12:49:38PM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I really just want to skip this whole thread and move on, but...
>
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Reimar D?ffinger
> <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> > And this doesn't answer as WTF one is supposed to do when simply nobody reviews
> > the patches.
>
> Ask someone to review it.

Whom? I absolutely don't want to go around searching for someone willing to
review (particularly when an unknown half of the people might be on holiday
or whatever) for stuff I am supposed to maintain.

> Is it really that difficult? It works fantastic for x264, I don't see
> why it wouldn't work for FFmpeg.

Does x264 have maybe 20% of unmaintained code? How much code in x264 only
a single person knows? How many developers does x264 have who don't feel they
have the time to be on IRC?