[FFmpeg-devel] Maintainership question

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Sat Feb 12 14:23:42 CET 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Nicolas George
<nicolas.george at normalesup.org> wrote:
> A simple policy question on the git.ffmpeg.org repository. As far as I
> understand things:
>
> If the maintainer of a file or files, as listed in MAINTAINERS, has "ok"ed a
> patch, one of the committers should apply it soon, right?

Generally, yes. We sometimes forget a patch, and yes I have patches of
you in my unread-mailbox waiting for me to have time to read them. I
hope to get to them this weekend, they are overdue. I apologize for
that.

> Even if someone
> else has shown a personal dislike for the change (but no strong technical
> argument).

Sort of, technical arguments will have me delay the patch and I don't
really do too many other personal dislikes on non-technical grounds.
This is not a humanities field. :-).

Ronald