[FFmpeg-devel] video and ffmpeg contract work with a Canadian University

compn tempn
Mon Feb 14 02:32:16 CET 2011

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 19:31:11 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:50:15AM -0500, Ali Ghafour wrote:
>> Hello?FFMPEG group,
>>
>> I am working on an interesting video project with some students from a
>> local university here in Canada (Ryerson University). We have
>> government funding available to us.
>>
>> The project involves classifying video, in particular classifying
>> video content for the purposes of moderation. The Ryerson PhD students
>> are working on the programs and algorithms in MATLAB, but I need
>> someone who is strong in C and video processing algorithms to take
>> their MATLAB project and make it into a production ready application.
>>
>> Please let me know if you are interested or available for such a
>> project. If so, I can provide you with some more details.
>
>If you have some description of the algorithm, i can write an avfilter under a
>FOSS license of it most likely. MATLAB code might do as description

sounds like a naked human detection filter. i think youtube has
something like this already running on the million videos it gets per
day.

gov funding? sounds like the canadian government is going to use
this to censor all the naked people videos!

-compn