[FFmpeg-devel] video and ffmpeg contract work with a Canadian University

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Mon Feb 14 12:43:01 CET 2011

On date Friday 2011-02-11 19:31:11 +0100, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:50:15AM -0500, Ali Ghafour wrote:
> > Hello?FFMPEG group,
> >
> > I am working on an interesting video project with some students from a
> > local university here in Canada (Ryerson University). We have
> > government funding available to us.
> >
> > The project involves classifying video, in particular classifying
> > video content for the purposes of moderation. The Ryerson PhD students
> > are working on the programs and algorithms in MATLAB, but I need
> > someone who is strong in C and video processing algorithms to take
> > their MATLAB project and make it into a production ready application.
> >
> > Please let me know if you are interested or available for such a
> > project. If so, I can provide you with some more details.
>
> If you have some description of the algorithm, i can write an avfilter under a
> FOSS license of it most likely. MATLAB code might do as description

BTW another possible approach, would be using the MATLAB C interface
and write a libavfilter wrapper for it.
Even better would be to support a FLOSS solution (it may be
Octave/SAGE in this case) through a wrapper mechanism, but I know at
least liboctave is quite poor in this regard.

And in this case it would be useful to add support for float images in
libswscale, as the image processing packages in MATLAB/Octave use
float numbers in many cases.
--
FFmpeg = Fundamentalist and Funny Muttering Peaceful Exciting God