[FFmpeg-devel] About guess_correct_pts / AVFrame.best_effort_timestamp

Nicolas George nicolas.george
Wed Feb 16 17:28:49 CET 2011

L'octidi 28 pluvi?se, an CCXIX, Ronald S. Bultje a ?crit?:
> Just to reiterate what I just said on IRC: mkv has no dts field.
> Whatever mechanism in whatever part of ffmpeg made up the dts above,
> failed miserably and should be fixed instead. Adding a workaround is
> unacceptable.

I agree.

> My guess is av_read_frame() made them up and failed. Your patch should fix
> that.

Why should it? This is not its object. I agree this must be fixed, but this
is a completely different issue.

By the way, I am currently writing a lengthy answer to your long mail.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George