[FFmpeg-devel] About guess_correct_pts / AVFrame.best_effort_timestamp

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Wed Feb 16 17:35:45 CET 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Nicolas George
<nicolas.george at normalesup.org> wrote:
> L'octidi 28 pluvi?se, an CCXIX, Ronald S. Bultje a ?crit?:
>> Just to reiterate what I just said on IRC: mkv has no dts field.
>> Whatever mechanism in whatever part of ffmpeg made up the dts above,
>> failed miserably and should be fixed instead. Adding a workaround is
>> unacceptable.
>
> I agree.
>
>> My guess is av_read_frame() made them up and failed. Your patch should fix
>> that.
>
> Why should it? This is not its object. I agree this must be fixed, but this
> is a completely different issue.

Is it a different issue?

You're fixing the issue where DTS is fucked up.

I'm telling you that the DTS need not be fucked up - it could be fixed
so that it is correct. Then your patch would not be necessary.

Ronald