[FFmpeg-devel] About guess_correct_pts / AVFrame.best_effort_timestamp

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Wed Feb 16 17:58:51 CET 2011

On 02/16/2011 05:42 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
> L'octidi 28 pluvi?se, an CCXIX, Ronald S. Bultje a ?crit :
>> I disagree. We fix the bug, we don't workaround it.
>
> We can not fix AVI, we can only work around its deficiencies.

Ok, but the problem is getting that fixed w/out breaking other protocols
(in our case mkv vs avi?)

> As for the best place to do it, there is no absolute answer: each has its
> pros and cons.

Probably that's why we should think better what we are doing ^^;

lu - and that had been said many times already

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo/linux