[FFmpeg-devel] About guess_correct_pts / AVFrame.best_effort_timestamp

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Wed Feb 16 18:17:45 CET 2011

On 02/16/2011 05:59 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
> L'octidi 28 pluvi?se, an CCXIX, Ronald S. Bultje a ?crit :
>> <sarcasm> Oh, so the code isn't necessary? Let's drop it then. </sarcasm>
>
> <sarcasm> ffmpeg is not necessary either, nor are computers or electricity.
> We can go back hunting wild beasts using flint. </sarcasm>
>
>> Come on dude, stop playing around.
>
> I am not playing around. I proposed this patch to fix a very specific issue:
> the movie source in lavfi needed a timestamp, it was about to duplicate the
> code in ffmpeg.

Ok, for this specific issue the patch, as it is, is wrong.

> I do not see what "-vcodec copy does not work with MKV" has to do with it,
> except that this is one of M?ns' pet subject.

your patch breaks that scenario.

> Now, as I pointed out earlier, I am trying to sum up the whole problem
> answering to your first mail in this thread and I would like to focus on
> that.

I hope you now have a better understanding of the issue at hand =)

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo/linux