[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Equality and leader team

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Fri Feb 25 21:48:18 CET 2011

On 02/25/2011 08:05 PM, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:

> What if the the main point of the vote was: "return commit and decission
> power to all developers" ?
> It seems some people understood that.

Please give me your idea of the implementation of this concept, I wrote
many times this is way way of voting is bogus, the topic of the vote is
bogus as well, maybe your idea might be good and then we could cast a
proper vote using condorcet (no, I won't set it up since I'm an
interested party).

With proper voting I mean:

- there is a nomination period in which options are proposed and gathered.
- by the end of the nomination period the proposals get listed
- the voting system (condorcet?) is set up and the voting window is
declared in advance
- the voting is opened
- votes (obvious, isn't it?)
- the voting is closed
- count
- results + anonymized log with checksums.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo/linux